The Lazy Woman's Year in Review
This isn't going to be an extensive year in review piece. We're still in the holiday season, and everyone is incredibly busy. So I'll keep it short and sweet, highlighting a very few of my favorite stories and posts from 2010.
2010 has been a great year for sports. There are some things I will definitely miss about it.
- The ease of making Brett Favre jokes. Even when not trying to, they just fall into your lap. Oops. See, there's one.
My Favorite Sports Hot Mess Story
Letter to Brett Favre
Public Service Announcement
- The incredible amount of scandals and dysfunction in the NFL, from coach firings and near team mutinies to sexual harassment cases and random grossness involving Rex Ryan.
Who Is the Most Dysfunctional NFL Team of 2010?
- Seeing the over-the-top chaos caused by Lebron's "Decision."
LeBron, I'm Not Mad at Ya
- Witnessing the New York Yankees lose in the playoffs, and unable to sign Clifton Phifer Lee.
Cliff Lee Returns to the Phillies. A Love Story.
- Watching the Philadelphia Eagles exceed all expecations for the season and, upon seeing his renewed demeanor, humility and discipline, the country largely forgiving a former quarterback-turned-criminal-turned-quarterback-again with another chance at life and what he does best.
Vick's In, Kolb's Out
Most importantly for me, 2010 saw the creation of The Sports Muse blog. Thank you for reading, for smiling (hopefully), and for making the experience of creating hard-hitting (ahem) posts more fun than I could have ever imagined.
Have a wonderful celebration, be safe, and happy 2011.